Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Catch the Love Bug!

Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and I must admit, I’m not a fan of all the hoopla. Showing and reaffirming love shouldn’t just be a one day occurrence; it should be shown throughout the year. However, I do love some nice flowers, romantic movies, and cute children’s books about love. I’m hopeless.  And if you’re like me and celebrate Valentine’s Day on a smaller scale, be sure to read Snowy Valentine by David Petersen.
This heartwarming story even brought tears to my eyes the first time I read it. It follows Jasper Bunny on his cold, snowy quest to find the “perfect present” for his wife, Lilly. It’s a treat to meet all of his neighbors, take in all of the beautiful illustrations, and to see what Jasper finally does give Lilly. Nothing extravagant, nothing complicated, but made of love. (Tissues, please!) Be sure to check it out and snuggle up with the ones you love! Guest post by Amy A.

No comments:

Post a Comment