Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hug a Bull: An Ode to Animal Dads

 
In honor of Father’s Day (I know I’m a little late, but this is still Father’s Day week, right?), I thought I’d share a cute new book about animal dads. Hug a Bull: An Ode to Animal Dads, by Aaron Zenz, features all sorts of animal babies and their dads playing happily together. The illustrations are completely adorable, but they aren’t even my favorite part; I love the rhyming text and all of the new vocabulary words. The book names each animal dad, which makes it a great vocabulary-booster for your child. And, if you’re like me, it will be a vocabulary-booster for you, too (I can't be the only one who didn’t know that a male kangaroo is called a boomer, right?)! So, if you’re looking for a fun book that celebrates dads of all kinds, come give this one a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment