Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I Hear a Pickle (and Smell, See, Touch, and Taste It, Too!)

For kids learning about the five senses, Rachel Isadora’s brand-new book, I Hear a Pickle (and Smell, See, Touch, and Taste It, Too!), is a great introduction. Each one of the five senses has several pages of the book devoted to it, and each of those pages includes numerous familiar scenes for little learners. In the “I Hear” section, there’s a picture of a boy holding a flower and a bee buzzing nearby: “I hear the bee. Uh-oh!” In addition, there’s another picture with a little girl staring intently at a worm on a log: “I don’t hear the worm.” Not only is this book a fantastic introduction that your kids will want to read again and again, it’s also a great conversation-starter for you and your child. After reading it, you’re sure to be talking non-stop about all of the things you hear, smell, see, touch, and taste! 

No comments:

Post a Comment